Nelson City TOP 10 Holiday Park - Information, Terms & Conditions of Stay
Nelson City Holiday Park Ltd Trading as Nelson City TOP 10 Holiday Park. All rates are GST inclusive (15%) and are in New Zealand dollars ($NZL). We accept Visa, Master Card (2% surcharge applies), China Union Pay, EFTPOS and New Zealand cash as well as payments through internet banking. The name that will appear on your statements is Nelson City TOP 10 Holiday Park.
ACCOUNTS: Payment is required in full on arrival. Unfortunately we do not allow credit on accounts during your stay, so if you would like to extend your stay please notify reception prior to checkout (10am).
AFTER HOURS: A 24 hour call button is located at the front of Reception to contact the duty manager in case of emergency or disturbance.
BANKING SERVICES: New Zealand banks are 5-10 minutes drive away for most currency exchanges during normal business hours & are located on Trafalgar St, Nelson.
BBQ AREA: We offer FREE Gas BBQ's which are located in our outdoor dining area, next to the communal kitchen.
BREAKAGES: Any damage to park property must be reported to recepton as soon as possible. Costs of any damages to property will be charged to the person/s responsible. An invoice can be provided on request.
CHECK IN / CHECK OUT: Check in time is from 2pm on day of arrival and check out time is 10am for both sites and accommodation on day of departure.
- Please contact us directly if you wish to arrive early as we may be able to accommodate an earlier check in, however this is not guaranteed.
- Please advise us if you intend to arrive after 8pm on day of arrival so that we can make arrangments for a 'Late Arrival'. Instructions for your late arrival will be given at time of notification.
CHILDREN: Child rates will apply to children aged 2 - 14 years inclusive.
CONDUCT: To ensure that all guests have a pleasant stay we expect common sense and consideration to be shown at all times. This includes reasonable behaviour and dress at all times. All alcohol is to be consumed on your site or in your unit. No noise between 10pm and 7am. No bikes to be ridden in the Holiday Park between 8.30pm and 8am. No illegal substances are to be used on site, failure to adhere to this will result in your expulsion from the premise.
COVID-19: It is expected that under current Covid-19 Alert Levels that all guests will abide by Ministry of Health guidelines as well as any in-house codes of conduct. Failure to do so could result in your booking being cancelled without refund and immediately evicted from the Holiday Park.
DEPOSITS / CANCELLATIONS/ AMENDMENTS TO BOOKINGS: For reservations made directly with Nelson City TOP 10 Holiday Park.
- Reservations are only confirmed on receipt of at least one nights deposit per unit or site, with balance payable on arrival.
- A refund will be given if your unit or site is cancelled at least 24 hours prior to the arrival time of 2pm on the expected day of arrival, less a $25 administration fee. If cancelled within 24 hours of expected arrival, cancellation fee equivalent to one night’s stay will be applied. If an amendment results in shortening your stay, no refund will be made, unless more than 24 hours’ notice is given.
- If you have to cancel your booking as a result of a COVID-19 related issue, no cancellation or penalty fee will apply if cancelled at least 24 hours prior to the arrival time of 2pm on the expected day of arrival, and you will receive a full refund. Proof of illness or inability to travel may be requested.
- If you do not notify Nelson City TOP 10 Holiday Park of your cancellation or you do not arrive by 10am the day after your scheduled arrival date, your booking may be cancelled without any refund.
- There is no penalty to amend booking dates, however there may be a difference in tariff due to seasonality differences.
- No reduction for early departures or late arrivals. Minimum tariffs and stays may apply during peak times.
- Please note there is a non-refundable credit card fee on all Mastercard or Visa Transactions.
- In the event of a natural disaster or major weather event causing road closures etc, normal cancellation terms & conditions will apply.
- If you booked through an On Line Travel Agent such as Booking.com, Expedia, Trivago etc you will need to refer to their T & C's that you accepted at the time of booking.
DRONES: The use of drones within and around the Nelson City TOP 10 Holiday Park is only allowed if you have the express permission from the Managers of Nelson City TOP 10 Holiday Park.
EMERGENCY: In case of emergency dial 111 (public phone is located next to reception) and advise the duty manager of the situation. We are located at 230 Vanguard St, Nelson.
EXTRA CLEANING FEE: If we are subjected to extra cleaning (above & beyond what is deemed to be acceptable) a cleaning fee will be charged to the credit card held.
FIREWORKS: Absolutely no fireworks are to be set off in or around the Holiday Park. Immediate expulsion from the Holiday Park will result if this occurs.
KEY RETURN: All keys can be placed in the Key Return Box located outside reception.
LAUNDRY: The laundry is open 24 hours. Washing machines take 2 x $2 coins (includes laundry liquid) and dryers are 1 x $2 coin for half an hour drying. Coins are available from Reception during opening hours. A Clothes lines is located behind the children's playground.
- Late checkouts need to be booked in advance or arranged on arrival
- Late checkouts may be extended up until 12pm on day of departure
- Late checkout may incur a fee and are subject to availability
LOCAL ATTRACTIONS: We are able to book most attractions and activities for the Nelson / Tasman & Golden Bay area as well as for the Abel Tasman National Park – ask us first as our local knowledge is extensive.
MESSAGES/MAIL: Please check the board for your name and collect any messages or mail from Reception. We do not deliver messages.
MINIMUM STAYS: Minimum length of stays may be enforced during peak times, or at the owners / managers discretion.
NO SMOKING: So that all our guests may be smoke free we enforce a NO SMOKING policy in and around all our accommodation & communal areas. A $250 surcharge will be applied if any evidence of smoking has occurred in a unit.
OFFICE HOURS: Winter 8am to 8pm, Summer 8am - 9pm. Please try to complete transactions during these hours.
PARKING: All vehicles are to be parked on their own designated site at all times. There is one parking space available per room or site, any extra vehicles/trailers may need to be parked outside the Holiday Park on Vanguard Steet.
PETS: Pets are only allowed during certain times of the year and only with the express permission from the Managers and are NOT allowed in the accommodation or facilities. Arrangement for bringing a pet into the Holiday Park must be made prior to arrival. A $250 fee will be applied if evidence of any animals are found either in our accommodation or communal facilities.
PLAYGROUND/TRAMPOLINE: The playgound is closed at dusk. Young children must be supervised and playground rules adhered to at all times. In fairness to guests located near the playground area, no congregating in the playground area after dusk.
PRIVACY STATEMENT: This statement applies to all individuals providing personal information to Nelson City TOP 10 Holiday Park through this website. When collecting personal information Nelson City TOP 10 complied with the Privacy Act 1993.
When you register or give us personal information it will be held on Nelson City TOP 10 Holiday Parks and TOP 10 New Zealand's Central Database. Your personal details may be accessed by TOP 10 New Zealand or linked and accessible to other TOP 10 Holiday Parks should you make a reservation with them (a shared database). Nelson City TOP 10 Holiday Park will not share this information with any other third parties without your permission.
Nelson City TOP 10 Holiday Park and/or the TOP 10 Central Office may send out periodic emails informing you of special offers, updated information and new services. You will always have the opportunity to unsubscribe to these communications.
RUBBISH & RECYCLING: We encourage all guests to recyle where possilbe and to dispose of all other rubbish in the appropriate manner. Please refer to the park map for the location of the rubbish & recyling bins.
SECURITY: As a reminder, please ensure that you keep all valuables secure. Put away recreation equipment, lock your doors and ensure all vehicles are secure. We have limited storage areas available for valuables, please enquire at reception.
SERVICING OF ROOMS: The servicing of rooms is 'on request' (only Motels are serviced). If you wish to have your room serviced (changing of towels, bathmat, hand towel, face cloths & tea towel, replenishment of condiments & emptying rubbish bin) please have your 'service sign' turned to YES PLEASE before 10am each day.
TV ROOM: There is a communal TV room located next to the communal kitchen.
VEHICLE SPEED: Vehicle speed is limited to walk pace only.
VISITORS: ALL visitors are to report to Reception on arrival, pay the relevant visitor fee and are the responsibility of the registered guest. Visitors must be visiting a guest in the Holiday Park and are required to quietly leave the Holiday Park by 9pm.
WIFI: We offer free WiFi. (Unlimited for TOP 10 Members and 5GB per device for non TOP 10 Members). Ask our friendly team at reception how to purchase a TOP 10 Membership.
WHEN MAKING A BOOKING YOU AGREE:
- To conform to Holiday Park bylaws & regulations (available from office & on website) & understand that any breach of the rules by ourselves or our guests could result in our site or accommodation being cancelled without any refund of fees paid.
- Reservations are a contract between Nelson City TOP 10 Holiday Park and the person named on the reservation, and are not transferable to any other person. This means that the named person must occupy the unit or site for the duration of the contract and is ultimately responsible for all occupants and visitors of that unit or site.
- All visitors must report to the office on arrival & pay any relevant day visitor fee. All visitors vehicles must be parked outside the Holiday Park on Vanguard Street.
- That our caravan/campervan will have a current electrical WOF and comply with LPG standards (AS/NZS 3000, AS/NZS 3001 and AS/NZS 5428).
- That our tent, if connected to a power supply, will have a transformer or an approved circuit breaking device.
- That any additions to the numbers in our party must be notified to and consent given by the manager of the Holiday Park before arrival.
- Only one vehicle is allowed to park on each site, with all other vehicles being parked in the designated areas.
- That no animals are allowed in the Holiday Park unless permission from the Managers has been given.
- Absolutely no fireworks are permitted in the Holiday Park. Any fireworks let off will result in immediate expulsion from the Holiday Park with no refund on fees paid.
- Sites and units are allotted at the discretion of management who reserve the right to alter if necessary or cancel tenancy at any time.
We reserve the right to refuse a reservation at any time from any person if we reasonably believe the person:
- is not the person named on the reservation
- is not the person named on the credit card or not to be authorised to use the card
- is not able to pay for any additional charges
- may cause damage to the property or other guests
- may exhibit socially unacceptable behaviour
- is younger than 21 years and not accompanied by a responsible person over that age
- is concealing a dog or other unauthorised animal
All bookings are accepted at the discretion of the management. All persons under the age of 21 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian for the duration of the booking. Failure to do this could result in the booking being cancelled, even upon arrival and no refund given.
PAYMENT PLANS: We offer our guests the option to use our payment plan for bookings with a minimum balance of $200. Bookings must be for stays over 2 weeks in advance and there is a minimum of 2 payments required. More information is available here.